UNM at KAFB Education Center is operated through an agreement with Kirtland Air Force Base to ensure access to educational options for base personnel, their families and veterans. Civilians may also enroll in all UNM credit courses at this location.
The UNM at KAFB Center office has a wide range of printed information, including general UNM information and maps, catalogs, schedules, undergraduate and graduate degree descriptions, telephone, and internet access for enrolled students. There is a small student work area, including limited photocopy and telephone. Staff are available to discuss UNM options, answer questions, and refer students to appropriate UNM departments.
Download directions as pdf
- From the intersection of Gibson and Wyoming, proceed south on Wyoming for .5 mile to the fourth light, which is M Avenue.
- Turn left (east) at M Avenue.
- You will be in a large parking lot, facing a long, one-story building.
- Drive straight up to the building in front of you (Headquarters for the 377).
- When you cannot go any farther, turn left again, so that you are driving along the front of the building.
- Look on your right for the entrance to the Education Center. It is the next major entrance, less than 1/4 block.
- Park anywhere that isn't restricted. Generally, ample free parking is available.
- You will enter through a break room with tables, chairs, and snack machines.
- Go to the back of the room, turn left, and go up a ramp.
- The UNM office is the last door on the left, Room 106. Classrooms are just down the hall.
- Room assignments depend on enrollments and will be posted on the UNM office door just before classes start.
If you are directed to pick up your pass at the Truman gate, do not attempt to enter the base there. Go back onto Gibson after getting your pass and enter the base through the Gibson gate.
Walk-in advisement is available during office hours (Mon-Thurs: 9 am - 5:30 pm; Fri: 9 am - 1:30 pm) or students may call 505-260-1354 to schedule an appointment.
Students taking UNM at KAFB courses may purchase their textbooks and supplies online at the UNM Bookstore: http://bookstore.unm.edu or by calling (Albuquerque) 505-277-5451 or (toll-free) 1-800-981-2665. Students may have their books shipped directly to their homes.
Placement tests are required for students enrolling in Math or English. Students may take the tests at Kirtland Air Force Base.
All UNM students may access numerous online research databases and the LIBROS catalog with a web browser. Visit the eLibrary page here. You may find all of the Library Services for UNM students, including live chat, at the link.
Call "Ask a Librarian" in Albuquerque at 505-277-9100 for additional information on these resources.
The UNM Center for Academic Support (CAPS) provides a range of services, including interactive online tutoring, to help UNM students meet the challenges of their courses at UNM. Visit their site at http://caps.unm.edu/online to learn more.
Free online software training for all UNM students
Video tutorials on hundreds of topics including software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop are offered for free to currently enrolled UNM students with a NetID, courtesy of UNM Information Technologies. Visit lynda.unm.edu to set up your profile and access the tutorials.
Back to Top