Before You Register with UNM at KAFB
UNM at Kirtland
Air Force Base
KAFB Education Center
Room 106, Bldg 20602
1900 Wyoming Blvd SE
Kirtland AFB, NM
click for map
Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs:
9 am - 5:30 pm
Fri: 9 am - 1:30 pm
Instructions for first-time access
You must call the UNM at KAFB office at 260-1354 before you can register for a class on base. Please call no later than two weeks before classes begin. Earlier is better. UNM at KAFB staff will clear you to register on LoboWeb and obtain the information needed to complete your application for a long-term base pass. When the pass is approved by KAFB security, UNM staff will contact you.
UNM at KAFB staff will direct you when and where you may pick up your pass. This location is subject to change, sometimes on short notice. Available times for pickup are usually during specific weekday, daytime hours. Bring your current driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance, and proof of UNM at KAFB course registration (a LoboWeb printout).
Do not wait until you are on your way to your first class to pick up your base pass. You may encounter delays at the gate, causing you to be late or to miss your class. Pick up your pass prior to the first day of class.
While attending classes you are subject to base regulations, including base exercises that may close base gates. These exercises could delay you in reaching class, or in departing after class is over.
Directions to UNM at KAFB Education Center
Download directions as pdf
- From the intersection of Gibson and Wyoming, proceed south on Wyoming for .5 mile to the fourth light, which is M Avenue.
- Turn left (east) at M Avenue.
- You will be in a large parking lot, facing a long, one-story building.
- Drive straight up to the building in front of you (Headquarters for the 377).
- When you cannot go any farther, turn left again, so that you are driving along the front of the building.
- Look on your right for the entrance to the Education Center. It is the next major entrance, less than 1/4 block.
- Park anywhere that isn't restricted. Generally, ample free parking is available.
- You will enter through a break room with tables, chairs, and snack machines.
- Go to the back of the room, turn left, and go up a ramp.
- The UNM office is the last door on the left, Room 106. Classrooms are just down the hall.
- Room assignments depend on enrollments and will be posted on the UNM office door just before classes start.
If you are directed to pick up your pass at the Truman gate, do not attempt to enter the base there. Go back onto Gibson after getting your pass and enter the base through the Gibson gate.
Once you have obtained your UNM NetID, you may register on the UNM LoboWeb system at http://my.unm.edu. Please visit the Getting Started at UNM page for instructions.
In order to ensure that everyone who signs up for a KAFB class has permission to come on base and will know where the classes are offered, permission is required to register for KAFB classes. Please call the UNM KAFB office at 260-1354. Registration for all UNM classes is through LoboWeb.
Military students: Please submit an Active Duty Military Tuition Waiver to the UNM at KAFB office before the beginning of the class.
Back to Top